Monday, 2 July 2012

The Eh Team

Skyping PSue!
Washer Toss 
Work was really good all last week. I'm loving getting to know all the clients. Of course, I have a couple of favourites, and I wish I could splurge on the deets...
Sergio and I had to wait to start our weekend on Saturday afternoon because he was working, but I got to Skype Patricia Susan and Angela on Friday night! So good to have the girl talk!
When Sergio got off work on Saturday, we packed up the car and took off to Halifax. We went to my sister and her husband's house first. We had some drinks with them then played a couple rounds of washer toss - girls take boys! Boys won...
Tattoo Parade
Sergio left to spend the night with his friend, Ryan, but Kelsey and I got to have a sisters night out! I honestly don't remember the last time I got to spend one on one time with her, so it was really nice. We went for dinner at Swiss Chalet then went shopping around Bayer's Lake (looking at everything from cooking utensils to baby clothes to wedding planners). We caught the late show of Magic Mike. For those who don't know, Magic Mike is a movie about a male stripper finding meaning for his life.... I think. It was hard to catch much of a storyline because 95% of the movie was watching stripper routines and listening to the F bomb being dropped. Totally not recommended.
Sergio and Ryan  picked me up in the morning, and we drove into downtown Halifax to watch the parade. Sergio's first Canada Day!! I'd never seen the Halifax parade so I was pretty excited too. It was the Royal International Tattoo Parade, and it was phenomenal!
Afterwards we went for lunch at a little pub on Spring Garden Road called the Fickle Frog. Go there! The prices were super cheap, and the food was good! From there we walked around downtown, and we stopped at the Black Market - my new favourite little shop! The jewellery there was so unique! I got three pairs of earrings, and I probably would've got more if I wasn't shopping with two guys.
Black Market
We walked down to the waterfront and booked our seats on the firework cruise! Our original plan was to go to Peggy's Cove that afternoon then see the fireworks in Windsor instead of Halifax, but we couldn't pass up the chance to see the fireworks from the water.
So, we had a lot of time to burn and no plans! Spur of the moment kind of day! As you probably know, Canada Day was extremely hot! My car was reading the temperature as 33 degrees!! We had to stop for sunscreen and aloe vera gel (I was burnt already), but, after dropping in to visit our friend, Kaylyn, we headed out to Lake Banook in Dartmouth for an afternoon at the beach! I hadn't been swimming all summer. The water was perfect! Ryan doesn't swim though, so it was just Sergio and me, but who am I to complain about that? ;)
We burned some more time at Mic Mac Mall where I got some great deals on Aerie underwear - love that store! We headed back over to the waterfront, got cheap parking, and searched for a place to eat dinner.

Now, we were drawn into this restaurant - Fife and Drum Pub - because they had a live music going. We each ordered a drink, but one of the tables on the patio with us had obviously had a lot more to drink. There was about 12 of them between the ages of 40-60, and they were just wasted! They screamed at every single person that walked by the patio, and they danced in the middle of the boardwalk and, my goodness, it was amusing. So, we got the entertainment of the musician and of the drunk middle aged crowd!

After dinner, we ran to get on our boat - Silva. She is part of the Halifax Tall Ships. I've never been on any boat in the harbour besides the ferry, and this one had a live band and a bar on board! We set out at 8:30 and cruised around the harbour drinking and dancing (Maritime music!) and just enjoying the beautiful view of the sun setting. We got to watch the Halifax fireworks from the ship, and I definitely recommend that everyone does this at least once! It was so beautiful!





Sergio and I spent the night at my sister's again, and, in the morning, we headed out to Peggy's Cove since our plans got altered before. I hadn't been there since I was like 7 or 8, and Sergio's never been at all. It was so Maritime-y! We stopped in every shop and art gallery and sea shanty! Such tourists! We sat on the rocks overlooking the ocean and just talked until we heard the thunder coming! Thunderstorms at Peggy's Cove! We got out of there before the lightening hit though.






We stopped at a seafood restaurant on the way home. Awful service. Just awful.

And now we're back in Wolfville. Another week of work for me, but there is one special day this week... seven months tomorrow with my best friend :)

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful kristi! It sounds like you had an amazing weekend (even though you didn't come to CB).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me just say I have been a fan of the black market since day one! love it there!

    ReplyDelete