I worked Friday before starting my first weekend off. Work was so good on Friday. I was assigned a couple of the clients, and a volunteer and I taught/retaught them how to knit! How many jobs involve teaching an 80 year old schizophrenic man how to knit? One of the women told me she used to love knitting, but, because of her dementia, she couldn't remember how to anymore. My heart was melting when two hours later, she was knitting up a storm. There's so many skills these people have that are just locked away in their memories. It's just amazing when you can finally reach one and pull it out.
When I got home from work, Sergio and I had supper then headed to New Minas to see Disney's new movie, Brave, in 3D! I absolutely loved that it was set in Scotland, and the music was just beautiful. It felt so Nova Scotian for Disney. The film was really cute but definitely not the storyline I was expecting.
On Saturday morning, we got up bright and early and set out on our favourite Saturday morning activity - yard sale hunting! I had just finished another puzzle, so I picked up three new ones for a dollar or two each. I started one, and, gosh, it's probably the most difficult one I've ever done. It might take awhile. I also picked up a new bookshelf for ten dollars! If you didn't hear, my bookshelf accidentally got tossed somewhere in the move. I really really love this new one though. All my books, puzzles, board games, and music books fit in it, and I've got my flowers and some picture frames on top.
It was a bit of a wet day on Saturday, so Sergio and I switched plans (not going to tell you the original plan yet) and headed to the city! We stopped in Bayer's Lake to pick up some of the Bluenote's Canada Day apparel. It's going to be Sergio's first Canada Day so t-shirts were a must! He also got a bunch of Canada sweatpants, t-shirts, and hoodies for his two little sisters. Why, you may ask? Well, his trip to Guatemala in August is official. The tickets are booked. Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy that he's going to see his family! I know he misses them more than anything, but the selfish part of me is dreading the three weeks I won't have him. I'll deal with that when the time comes though. At least the next time he leaves, I get to go with him!
We also went to the Christian bookstore in Bayer's Lake and both picked up a few books. I adore that store.
![]() |
| David's Tea |
After Spring Garden, we headed to Halifax Shopping Centre. Okay, I am not an impulse buyer at all. Sergio is big time, but not me. I hesitate before buying anything. So, it comes as a complete surprise to all that I bought a kobo touch screen e-reader randomly. I don't know why I did. I've never even thought of getting one before, but I remembered that Patty-Sue said she loved hers. And I read a lot. And the books are really cheap on them. So, I got one. And I love it! It's so easy to use, and now I can read while I eat and knit and do anything really. I'm about halfway through Phantom of the Opera which I had never read, and it's very good. I just love using it. I'm hoping that some of my textbooks will be available on it. That would be so cool!
We drove home on the Evangeline Trail instead of the highway, just for a change. It was rainy and seemed very tropical.
This morning, we went to church at New Minas Baptist Church for the first time in what seemed like forever. One of us is always working Sunday morning or we're at my home church. It was nice to be back at a church that we can both call our own.
Sergio cooked up a delicious lunch after church, and he spent the afternoon working on his math assignment while I worked on my challenging puzzle. He's doing really really well in math by the way. I think a prof can make all the difference.
Tomorrow is back to work, but I've been reading through my notes from work and am really excited for the next client I'm going to focus on.
More exciting news! Sergio and I have officially sponsored a child in Guatemala! When the information package arrives in a few weeks, I'll give you the details on fourteen year old Jairo!
More exciting news! Sergio and I have officially sponsored a child in Guatemala! When the information package arrives in a few weeks, I'll give you the details on fourteen year old Jairo!

i love your life... holy cow.
ReplyDeletePOTO is actually a super good book. As much as I miss the music while reading it's still a great story!!!