Sergio and I got our sponsor child in the mail this week! Well, not the kid himself, but his pictures and information package. His name is Jairo, and he is a fourteen year old boy from Guatemala. He loves math. We wrote him a letter the night we got the package. Sergio insisted we write it in Spanish, but we did this one in English because I'm a little nervous about the translation from English to Spanish and then possibly into a native language. I'm really hoping that it will be possible for us to meet him when we go to Guatemala in December.
On Friday, I took off for Truro to meet up with Angela and spend the weekend with her! I got there a couple of hours before she did which was great because I got to have time with my family. Their house is coming together so quickly now! They got in their 3D projector screen TV and their intense house sound system that plays music throughout the house using the iPad (which is also eventually going to have all the heat, light, and alarm settings for the house too). They've got the gravel in the driveway and the grass on the yard. They put in a touch screen oven and all the cupboards and drawers in the house are impossible to slam. When you shut them, they will slow down before closing so that you don't hear anything. It's a pretty sweet house, but they've got a bit more work to do yet.Angela and I had planned to go out to the cottage for the weekend, but it was cloudy and rainy. We decided to just stay with my family instead. On Friday night, we sat out on the back patio overlooking the golf course and talked. We had a lot of catching up to do.
On Saturday morning, we went to Smitty's for breakfast then shopped around downtown Truro. We dropped in to see Aunt Karen at her shop as well. I love looking at the prom dresses.
That night after dinner, my dad pulled out a file box filled with journals and pictures and cards that my sisters and I had made as kids. My whole family (well, besides Kelsey and Zach) went through the box. It was absolutely precious. My particular favourite was a booklet I had made in grade one titled "All Abote Me". Here are some of my favourite quotes:
"I like: to play with my little sister
I used to like: playing with my big sister"
"If I could be anyone in the world I would be: Courtney"
"I worry about: Daddy wene he is away on vacsin" (I don't remember my dad ever leaving, but my mom travelled for up to three weeks at a time)
"One thing I know a lot about is: bats"
"I wonder: Abtot cows" (I grew up on a dairy farm)
"When someone is nice to me I: play with them"
"The best thing I ever did for myself was: love myself"
"The biggest mistake I ever made was: obaning the rabbit's cage and they ran away" (still remember this...)
"If I was a teacher, I would: teach" (smart kid, I was)
"If I could change one thing about my room it would be: the wall"
And here is a picture of the best dream I ever had.... yes, those are the teletubbies.
One year for Christmas, Mom got pictures done of us to give to Dad. Needless to say, she got him something else...
Later that night, Angela and I went to see Katy Perry: Part of Me in 3D. BEST MOVIE EVER! I totally recommend it if you slightly like Katy Perry. The picture was amazing. I was laughing; I was crying. It was worth every penny. I'm hoping I can convince Sergio to go again with me. I think he'd like the whole music industry side of it. Plus, even if you don't like it, you get awesome pink 3D glasses!As a result of that movie, I've been on a bit of a Katy Perry music craze.




obaning the rabbit's cage and they ran away!!!!!
ReplyDeleteTHIS WAS EASILY MY FAVORITE BLOG POST OF THE SUMMER!
Wow, so much fun ! I had forgotten to ask you about your trip with Angela
love you