Thursday, 12 July 2012

Chilling with Snooki

Blogging before the weekend? This is new.

Glass Accident
Just had to share a couple funny stories from work this week. On Wednesday, a woman came in to the day program with a doll she had got at a yard sale. This doll could cry and crawl. I asked her what she had named her. Snooki. She named her doll Snooki. Like from Jersey Shore. Snooki...
Another :)
Then later in the same day, the music therapist came in to work with the clients (she comes in once a week). She's a young woman who moved here from Japan. Anyway, Snooki's mom said to this woman, "You know who look like? That girl who works at the Chinese restaurant in Bridgetown." I had to keep myself from laughing. It's one of those moments when you're like, "Kids say the darnest things" except this kid is eighty something years old.
Finished my challenging puzzle! And then another one in the same day, but the next one was a lot easier. Unfortunately, the people who sold it in the yard sale had lost three pieces... biggest pet peeve.
This week, Sergio and I had a chance to check out Fox Hill Cheese House in Port Williams. We both love experimenting with cheeses, so we thought it would be something we could do together that we would both enjoy. What a waste of gas! The property was beautiful, but they weren't making any cheese at the moment and a seniors tour bus was there at the same time as us. We stayed for about ten minutes. Nice try though.
I made the salad...
We finally got out swimming this week too! We drove out to Lumsden in Gasperau Valley one afternoon. It was absolutely gorgeous. I love driving out there because it's all wine country. It's breath taking. We're planning a wine tour for an upcoming weekend, and I'm really looking forward to that. You can't live in the valley and never check out the vineyards! But Lumsden was good too. The water was warm, and it wasn't too busy.

I was sick at work today so I left the office around 11 and had a quiet day at home. I'll need to be rested up for this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your feeling better :( I love that you have puzzles at your apartment! I will bring you some from home if you want? We have a ton!

    ReplyDelete