My last weekend with Sergio until the end of August! I've caved and am getting internet set up this week. I need to be able to use Skype on a regular basis this month.
After work on Friday, I picked up Sergio, and we made the long drive out to Tatamagouche to stay with my family at the cottage. My aunt and uncle were down from Ottawa with their boys, so Sergio had to meet them before they went back. When we got there, my cousin Jake ran out to the car screaming, "They're here! They're here!" I got out of the car to hug him, but he ran around the car and jumped on Sergio yelling, "Surgery!" Gee, thanks.
My aunt cooked for the sixteen of us that were spending the night out there. I love my big family.
 |
| Best Buds |
Sergio and I played volleyball on the beach with Abby and Jake that night, then soccer with the rest of the cousins later. They are all so big now. I'm the shortest one who was there above the age of ten.
 |
| Video Games with the Boys |
We played a bit of musical beds that night. The kids had three tents pitched outside, but we also had 14 spots set up to sleep inside - enough for all the adults plus a few extras in case some kids got too scared. Sergio moved around a couple of times because he needed enough room to stretch out. He ended up sleeping on a mattress right beside the kitchen, and I slept on the pull out couch beside him. In the morning, we moved up to two twin beds that Mom and Grandma had slept in. I honestly can't tell you where all the kids ended up.
Sergio and I took the younger kids out to a big yard sale in River John on Saturday morning. It's a totally different experience doing yard sales with little kids to watch, but we had a lot of fun.
 |
| Lindsey, Abby and I |
We spent the afternoon on the beach with the kids. We took out the two person kayak and loaded on the three youngest kids - Lauren (10), Lindsey (7), and Jake (5). Sergio and I paddled them out to deeper water then let them take turns jumping off the front of the kayak into the water. We all had a lot of fun, and we somehow managed not to tip the thing over.
 |
| Lindsey's Birthday Cake |
 |
| Lindsey and Grandma |
 |
| Cousins (minus 5, plus 1) |
Sergio and I were the first to head out on Saturday afternoon because we wanted to get back to Wolfville for the Mud Creek Days celebrations. We stopped to visit Adrianna and Lydia on the way home and ended up going out to supper with them. They took us to Whistler's which is a very sketchy bar in Stewiacke. Not recommended. I had forgotten my make-up bag with my contacts and toothbrush and everything at the cottage, so we had to drive back to Truro to meet my mom with it. Needless to say, it was a long drive home.
 |
| Adrianna and Lydia |
We made it back in time for the Mud Creek fireworks though. We sat on the rocks at Waterfront Park with just about every other person in town. Wolfville did pretty well too! They were honestly some of the best fireworks I've ever seen. They had heart shaped ones and smiley faced ones!
 |
| Wolfville Fireworks |
Sergio and I went to church on Sunday morning, and the message was on evangelism which really spoke to both of us. And, for the first time since I've started going to NMBC, a woman who sat beside me introduced herself to me at the end of the service, and we talked for about five minutes. That was really nice, because I've always found that church very exclusive.
We went out for lunch at Cora's. LOVE strawberry crepes with chocolate hazelnut spread...
 |
| Cora's <3 |
We spent Sunday afternoon picking up random little things - Walmart, Staples, Frenchy's outlet in Coldbrook, Bargain Harley's. I got two really cute dresses from Frenchy's though.
My grandma took my sisters and me to Berwick Camp every year since I was six, and I stopped going consistently when I was seventeen. But my aunt still takes her kids down, and my grandma stays with them too. Yesterday, they were moving in, so Sergio and I stopped by, and I gave him a tour of the place that used to be my favourite place in the world. We helped them get their stuff set up in the cottage and ate supper with them. We also had a birthday present for Lindsey because she turned eight today! It was really nice to see them, and I'll probably be popping in and out of camp this week. It's too bad it wasn't until next week because then I would just stay with them for the week, but I don't want to not be with Sergio for his last week.
 |
| Berwick Camp |
Work was good today. Sergio and I are going out with some friends tonight for nachos at Joe's. I'm
dreading Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment