Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Living in the Butcher Shop

First off, I would like to send a HUGE happy birthday to my sister Courtney! She's seventeen today! I remember turning seventeen. I thought it was going to be the best year of my life because I was finally old enough to be driving and dating, but still young enough to not be responsible for taking care of myself. I've since found out there's better things in life than being seventeen.
To top the day off, my family moved out of our home today! I'm so sad thinking about it here, but I can't imagine being there to watch the house be emptied.
I had my interview with VON this morning in Kentville. I was super nervous because I hate hate hate interviews! Sergio drove me out there, and we stopped at Tim's for breakfast on the way home. I think it went pretty well though. I won't here until the end of the week or the beginning of next week.
The summer RAs got a BBQ for the Tully courtyard for the summer, so Sergio and I had a BBQ dinner over the weekend. I had chicken. He had steak. I had two bites of steak, but it was super rare. I think the steak made me sick though because I couldn't go into work the next day. We topped that night off with fresh cut mangos! Yum!

Lauren and Gordie came down on Sunday to drop off some stuff and made Sergio and I dinner. It was nice to have some dinner guests down! Just getting a little taste of the apartment come September!
My Spanish is coming along quickly. Sergio is very impressed with my progress. My friend Mili who works at Pete's is from Peru, and she helps me with my Spanish all day at work. I love going back and forth between her and Sergio and telling them what the other taught me.
I've also become an avid tea drinker. I didn't see that one coming at all. I'm sticking to caffine-free tea though. I don't want to become dependent on it in any way.
I worked today, so Sergio took the car and did the grocery shopping for both of us. The thing about Sergio is that he can be incredibly impulsive, especially when things are on sale. Usually I'm there to reason him out of things but not this time... So I got off work tonight, and Sergio had bought so much meat!!! Apparently there was a buy one get one free sale on meat, and he decided to stock up for the summer. I feel like I'm sitting in a butcher shop..
Tomorrow I get off work in the afternoon so we are heading to the Apple Blossom Festival in New Minas! So excited!!

1 comment: