Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Puzzles, Crepes, and Library Cards

Finally, a day off work to relax and catch up on some cleaning and blogging!
I picked up a puzzle at a yardsale on Saturday morning and finished it today. I'm a huge puzzle person and spend hours at a time on them. It's too bad I can't drag out a puzzle for longer.
I also got my Wolfville library card today so that I can get more books for free from the library for the summer. I'm super excited about that, and I will keep you updated on what I'm reading.
Sergio reprogrammed my television connection and was able to get me three channels! I don't even know what to do with myself anymore!
Sergio and I had a much needed date night on Sunday. We tried out the new Naked Crepe Bistro on Main Street. It was so nice to go out together since our lives have become so intertwined, and we don't get many opportunities to go on dates anymore. The Bistro was amazing! I started with a apple crumble crepe, and he started with a Mexican crepe (I was scared I wouldn't have room for dessert so I started with it). Both were so good that we each ordered another. I then had my real dinner - a turkey swiss crepe, and Sergio had dessert - a banana nutella crepe. I definitely recommend checking out. The prices are extremely good too!
Work has been good lately. I've got more hours this week, but I'm still hoping I'll be able to land an internship. I refuse to worry about it though because I know it's in God's hands.
Today was grocery day since Sobey's gives students 10% off all their groceries on Tuesdays. We also went to Pete's afterwards to pick up some tea and granola bars they had on sale. Sergio got the ingredients to make sushi as well. We got home and made a delicious chicken dinner with traditional Guatemalan food. I'm trying my best to pick up some cooking techniques from Sergio, but I'm totally okay with letting him take over in the kitchen.
I think that's about it for now. My really good friends, Adrianna and Lydia, are coming to stay with me this weekend, and I am looking forward to having my first overnight guests!

2 comments: