Friday, 11 May 2012

I'm Not Lucky; I'm Blessed


When I moved into my apartment, I was super excited for sleeping in without the fear of my parents coming home and telling me to get up and get some work done. Unfortunately, I have woken up at 7am every morning since I got here – not on purpose. I don’t know what it is. I usually manage to fall back to sleep until about 8:30 or so. It’s nice getting up early and having tons of time to get stuff done, but I sure do miss sleeping late.
I started work at Pete’s on Wednesday. The store actually looks really nice. It has that old warehouse/country home feel to it – very Wolfville. I have yet to buy anything, but I tried some tea and LOVED it. And that’s huge for me because I don’t like tea. I might have to buy some of Pete’s fancy British imported tea. What’s really neat is that they have a tea bar – same idea as the juice bar except with as many types of tea that you could possibly imagine.
I managed to scrap up 34 hours this week compared to the 10 I had a couple days ago. My manager apologized for the mixup and told me they are going to cross train me on deli/cash so that I can take those shifts as well - anything to get me some more money.
Kelsey came to Wolfville on Tuesday night and dropped off my living room couch and loveseat. Sergio and I have enjoyed them immensely. I’m so sorry about not having pictures up of the apartment yet! It’s still a work in progress and I desperately want everyone to see the finished product. I’ll give you a little peek at how it’s coming though. I’m still waiting on my coffee and end tables and my white leather couch for my bedroom.
I’ve taken to watching Ellen on weekdays when I’m not working in the mornings. Yesterday, Sophia Grace and Rosie were on. If you haven’t seen their videos on Ellen, look them up. I think they are extremely adorable, but I believe the fame has gotten to their heads a bit. They aren’t nearly as spontaneous as they were when they first went on the show.
Sergio had his last physiotherapy appointment yesterday. He was told to start biking a little and to go swimming for exercise. He is also driving again now – even on the standard. Our summer together has gotten off to a slow start because of his injury, but we are constantly praying for healing. Keep him in all your prayers as well.
Another job might be on the horizon for me. I’m waiting to hear back from CAPRE in Canning to see if they will interview me for their summer internship. CAPRE is a charity organization that works with disabled people to assist them in become entrepreneurs and run their own small businesses (i.e. mail delivery, used clothing store, dog walking, etc.). It would be ideal, but maybe God wants me to be right where I am. I am trusting that He’s got the plan, and I don’t need to worry too much about it. I also got word of another summer internship with VON in the valley organizing and implementing recreational activities for elderly people. I will more than likely send in a resume for that one. Pray that things will work out the way they are supposed to and that I will have the faith to accept whatever happens. 
Sergio and I are currently looking into taking on a sponsor child. My mother has six sponsor children and loves each of them dearly. Nothing has been done about it yet, but we’re hoping we will be able to sponsor a child in Guatemala so that we will have a greater chance of being able to meet them someday.  God has blessed us so much, and we are called to take our blessings to bless someone else.
I've started doing a bit of walking around Wolfville, and I have been enjoying it a lot. I got super cute work out shorts from Aerie when I was in Halifax, so that's a great incentive. I also discovered I have a fascination of graveyards. As a child, I understandably found graveyards creepy and scary, but now I find them full of mystery and things we'll never know. How many secrets are buried in a single graveyard? I'm not about to go walking through graveyards at night or anything, but when I'm on my walks, I find myself going through the graveyards reading the names of people who lived before me and wondering who they were. 
I finished The Lake of Dreams by Kim Edwards. It was a pretty good story. It left you wanting to know what was going to happen since it was a bit of a mystery, but not enough to keep me up super late. I also finished Danielle Steele’s No Greater Love this week. It was a fictional story about a family of Titanic survivors. I love the Titanic stories, so that was fascinating for me, but the book itself was mildly depressing (six of the main characters died). I’m lost for what I’m going to  read next, but I’m sure I’ll pick up something.
 Best part of my day yesterday: Sergio bought me a massive chocolate bar from Pete's and surprised me with it when I got home from work :) 

1 comment:

  1. ahhh this made me miss you. i wish i could sit on your bed and watch you flip your hair and listen to you talk about your jobs.
    love you KJ!

    ReplyDelete