Sunday, 20 May 2012

Pronostico del Tiempo

This past week has been super busy with work that I haven't had much of a chance to blog or much to say for that matter.
Sergio and I went out to Canning for dinner at The Port the other night. We got a table overlooking the water, and it was beautiful. I had seafood chowder (typical), and Sergio had the Port burger. He claims it tasted like a hotel room service burger, so I don't think we'll be heading back there any time soon. 
After dinner, we walked to the little general store in Canning and got a slushie. We are all about the spur of the moment, random adventures. 
Last night, Adrianna and Lydia came down to stay at the apartment with me - my first overnight guests! We had a really good time - many memories made for sure. We went to church together this morning then went to the Library Pub for some Lib Pub burgers. Those are a definite must for anyone visiting Wolfville. It was 25 degrees today, so we sat outside on their sidewalk tables. It was absolutely gorgeous. 
The girls went home; Sergio got off work. We're both exhausted so tonight is simply a relaxing night in. That basically means that I'm blogging and he's watching Dexter. We're both pretty independent. 
I just finished Me & Emma by Elizabeth Flock, and I seriously recommend it! I don't want to say too much about it because I want people to read it, and I don't want to give any hints. But it will throw you at the end. I had suspicions the whole time, but I was still shocked! It's told from a child's perspective so it's extremely easy to understand, but it's a great read. If you can get your hands on it, read it! I just got it from the Wolfville library. 
Before that, I read Wither from the Chemical Garden Trilogy by Lauren Desteffano. I couldn't put it down, but it's extremely futuristic and weird. It's basically a futuristic polygamist story - very interesting for sure. If you want to read something different, give that one a try. I'm on the hunt for the other two books so I can know what happens.
Also, I've been working on my Spanish a lot lately. One of the girls I work with a lot is from Peru, and she loves teaching me new words. My favourite is mesa de noche or pronostico del tiempo because I can always remember those. That means bedside table and weather forecast. I have no idea when I will ever need to know that, but better safe than sorry. Sergio and I are trying to text in Spanish now so that I will pick it up a little faster. Mostly this just means our conversations are shorter and consist of the same subject content. But I'm getting there. 
That's about all I have to say for now. I'm working a bit this week, however, not nearly as enough as I would like to be. Keep the summer job scenario in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment