The outings this week have mostly been Sergio and I going back and forth to various grocery stores on the hunt for deals. It's not as bad as it sounds, but he gets very tired because of his leg. However, he has continued to heal amazingly (God is good)! He goes back to physiotherapy tomorrow.
On Saturday, Lauren and Gordie came down to Wolfville and dropped off some more furniture. I am loving having a kitchen table and chairs and especially the TV. I only get CTV without buying cable, but that's enough for me. The signal comes in crystal clear, and, even if I'm not watching it very often, I really do like having the voices going while I'm alone.The cooking situation has been great. I'm being so spoiled. Sergio has a passion for experimenting in the kitchen, and I could care less about spices and all the rest. Yesterday, when we got home from church, he made some sort of alfredo seafood mix from scratch. It was actually amazing! No one has to worry about me not getting a balanced diet. I made a cake while he was making lunch. Not from scratch - who do you think I am!?
I went to Pete's today to help stock the groceries. The grand opening is on Wednesday! There seems to have been a mix up in my hours because I was hired as a full time employee, but I am on the schedule for ten hours this week! That's just not going to cut it if I plan on paying rent this month..After dinner tonight, Sergio and I took a spur of the moment drive to the lookoff. He had never been, and I hadn't been in ages. It was such a nice drive with the radio off, just taking the time to really talk to each other. Sometimes, we get so busy that we miss those moments. It was gorgeous up there.
I have tomorrow off, but I haven't really decided what I'm going to do. Sergio has class all afternoon, so I might just steal his bike and go for a little bike around Wolfville. We'll have to see if I'm feeling up to it or not. I've started reading for pleasure again too. I just love curling into bed early and reading late into the night. Right now I am working on a book called The Lake of Dreams by Kim Edwards. It's got a lot of women's suffrage history incorporated into it, but I do find it extremely interesting. When I finish, I'll let you know if you should read it or not.
So far so good though. I'm loving the valley. Wolfville is so different with so many of the students gone, but it's still got that small town feel that we all hold close to our hearts.

Your kitchen looks so nice! I can't wait to see more apartment pics!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like your having a great summer so far!
Miss you :(
I love Kim Edwards- she wrote the Memory Keeper's Daughter, right?
ReplyDeleteGrocery shopping is KILLING me! I find it a hassle but probably because I had to get cleaning supplies and stuff too. How does Pete's look!!
Hope your hours get sorted out! Glad to hear Sergio's leg is doing well
I miss going to church with you guys :(