Sunday, 15 July 2012

Wine, Waterslides, and Wendy's

What a jam packed weekend!

On Thursday night, Sergio and I went for a walk. We were planning on going through the KCIC gardens, but they close at dusk. So we walked across Acadia instead. He took me to Cutten. Now for those not as familiar with Acadia, Cutten is the residence that was closed down years ago because of espestice, and it is, in my opinion at least, the creepiest of all the buildings at Acadia. Cutten is being reopened in September, but I had never seen inside so Sergio swiped us in to check it out. Not only is it creepy, it's way creepier at dusk when there's not a soul besides us in the building. Honestly, it smells like playdoh, and besides some features like automatic lights in the bathroom, it still is a gross residence. Huge, but gross. From there we walked through Wolfville to Tims, got some lemonades, and drank them on the dykes. You have to appreciate summer night walks in Wolfville.



Work on Friday was so eventful! I am not superstitious at all, but Friday the 13th was definitely in the works there. SO many near accidents. I was on the edge of my seat all day. And to top that off, the sweetest client who I loved so much was admitted to a nursing home. She was very confused and needed a lot of assistance and attention, but she had a dear spot in my heart. I'll miss her a lot. Luckily, the nursing home she's going to isn't far so I'll be able to visit her once she gets settled in. It's hard to say if she will be able to remember who I am, but those people need all the love they can get.

When I got home from work, Sergio and I did a whirlwind vineyard tour. We didn't do any tours, but we did stop in to five different vineyards in an hour and a half. We tasted many wines (probably not a good idea to be driving from vineyard to vineyard..), and Sergio bought two bottles. I'm too cheap to actually buy the wine. It was fun though. We went to Gaspereau, Luckett, Le' Acadie, Muir Murray, and Grand Pre. My favourite was Grand Pre. The atmosphere was surreal.


We went shopping at Zeller's that night too. They were having a big sale, so we bought pillows and towels and a cooler and a bunch of random stuff.

We got up bright and early on Saturday morning, packed a picnic lunch in our new cooler, and headed down to Annapolis Royal. I absolutely love Annapolis County. You think you're in the valley when you're in Kings County, but it's stunning in Annapolis County. It took us about an hour and a half, but we drove down to Upper Clements Park. We had so much fun riding the roller coaster and the log flume. It was super hot out so we did the waterslide too. Surprisingly, it wasn't too busy, or at least the lines weren't too long when we were there. We ate our picnic lunch there - saved us so much money! We left the park mid afternoon to see what else there was to explore in Annapolis.


Little People, Big World


We stopped at Fort Anne which is Canada's oldest national historic site. I didn't know much about it, but we walked around the grounds, read the history, and took in the beautiful views of the Annapolis Basin. We did a bit of shopping in downtown Annapolis Royal. Such a cute little town.



On the way back to Wolfville, we stopped in to a couple of yard sales, then my favourite bargain shop in Berwick - Bargain Harley's. Anything random you need for cheap, go to Bargain Harley's. Sergio had never been so it was fun for him because it's just like a huge yard sale.

We stopped at Wendy's in Coldbrook for supper. We love Wendy's, and it's such a treat to be in that direction together.


After a much needed rest from the day in the sun and water, we went to the Valley Drive In Theatre. That was so much fun! Unfortunately, the movies were both ones I would never pick, but the experience was great! They showed Ted - stupid and inappropriate for anyone - and Savages - the most intense movie I've ever seen. I didn't actually watch most of the second one. It was way too much for me to handle.


Today, we celebrated National Ice Cream Day by getting Coldstone ice creams and eating them on the dykes (very similar to our first date except add snow and hot chocolate instead of sun and ice cream). We went to Lumsden again for another swim. It's been brutally hot here. Then tonight, we topped off the weekend with dinner at Paddy's. Neither of us felt like cooking.

All in all, it was a great weekend. I'm tired and cranky beyond belief though. I desperately need sleep. This is the last weekend Sergio has off before he goes home for a few weeks. That's the main reason we crammed in so much. I'm going to miss him like crazy, but I'm sure I'll find things to do in the meantime... right?





1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous of your life! Come to Cape Breton while Sergio is away!

    ReplyDelete