Monday, 30 April 2012

Hurry Up and Wait

Another busy, fun-filled couple of days!

I am finished my training at Pete's. It was definitely an interesting couple of days. I really enjoyed the people who I worked with in Halifax. They were such good people to work with. I hope my team is as good as theirs! I had my three hour orientation in Wolfville this afternoon. Basically, it was just an information session about Pete's core values and expectations for employees. We set up our banking information, ordered uniforms, and got our photos taken for our employee discount cards - pretty standard stuff.
Sergio and I had a good time at Celtic Corner in downtown Dartmouth with Kaylyn and Ryan. I had some excellent seafood chowder. Unfortunately, I couldn't join them on the ferry ride to Casino Nova Scotia for the night since I had to work in the morning. Sergio won ten dollars though!
Because Sergio couldn't go back to Wolfville alone with all his leg problems, he stayed with Grandma and me for two extra days. On Saturday night, we went to my cousin Lindsey's (7) Irish ceilidh with Grandma, Aunt Suzanne, Uncle Shane, Lauren (9), and Jake (5). We all really enjoyed the fiddle music, and it was held in the most beautiful old barn that had been brought down from Cape Breton and reconstructed. Lindsey's Irish dancing was pretty adorable too.
This morning, Sergio and I headed back to Wolfville after dropping his crutches off. We stopped at Mic Mac Mall for a few minutes to grab some last minute items, but shopping is not as much fun when you've got a wheelchair to look after.
A little side note here: This morning while I was brushing my teeth, I heard Sergio singing for Grandma while she made him an omelette. Then I heard Grandma say, "It's not everyday I get an opera singer in my kitchen while I'm making breakfast." I couldn't help but laugh. On the drive home, Sergio asked if I thought Grandma would adopt him. :)
I got Sergio new crutches and dropped him at his physiotherapy appointment before heading back to Truro for the night.
I'm hoping to move into my apartment by Wednesday. I was planning on tomorrow, but I got an email from my landlord saying they are repainting inside the apartment tomorrow. Better not move in during that!
For now, I've got a night or two left with my family before moving out into the big world. I start work whenever Pete's has their grand opening in Wolfville - sometime in the week of May 7th. I'm surprisingly pretty excited. Just another chapter ready to start.

2 comments:

  1. Your comments on my blog just about made me cry. I miss you so much.

    Isn't blogging just about the best way to keep in touch though?! I look forward to reading everyone's updates.

    The Irish ceilidh sounds like a lot of fun! the barn is beautiful too. You and sergio will have to come to cape breton for a ceilidh ;)

    Keep updating us on the apartment and Pete's. I can't wait to see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmmmm why was I not invited to the casino. Haven't I been saying all year I want to go to the casino?

    Maybe not cause you don't watch Grey's but every time there is a casino commercial I'm like... I want to go to the casino

    Lots of love for you all.

    ReplyDelete