Monday, 16 April 2012

Home Sweet Home


I decided to come home for a few days before my next exam so I have a chance to pack my room before the big move and to give Sergio some space to study for his exam on Wednesday.

I spent this morning cleaning out my hope chest. There was a lot of ex-boyfriend memorabilia that did not need to make the move. Then I began packing up my room. It's so hard to decide what pieces of my childhood I don't want anymore. But I can't possibly take everything with me and I can't leave anything behind because, when my family moves into the new house, I don't have a room. So, that's my dilemma.

I also got kitchen supplies for my apartment today - all for free. My parents took me over to the golf course and just gave me pots and pans and baking sheets and utensils - even a toaster! So, for the most part, my kitchen is taken care of and all for nothing.

Other exciting news is that my dad and I found four kittens under our deck today! Earl (who my mom thought was a girl until today) and Earlene (don't ask about the names) had kittens. We guess they're about eight weeks old now, but we just found them today. They are so sweet. My parents are not too happy about it though because the last thing they want is four more cats to take over to the new house in a month... They were already planning on dumping the two cats we have now to the neighbours.
 The day just kept getting better because then I found out that I got an A- in my stats course! Who knew I could do math?!
I'm supposed to get lots of studying done for my political science final that's on Saturday, but I never get work done when I come home. I'll probably head back to Acadia on Wednesday morning just to get some work done.

1 comment: