Friday, 27 April 2012

Smoothies and Hospital Trips

You really can't plan anything without a wrench being thrown in every now and again.
Yesterday, I caught the bus down the street from Grandma's house bright and early. As should be expected, I didn't take my eyes off the street signs the whole way to Spring Garden Road (despite it being a forty minute bus trip). But I made it to Pete's before my shift started. I spent the morning with Corey and Ross, two full-time juice bar guys. They were really fun to work with and very helpful.
Training, in general, was good. It's pretty basic work - preparing fruit, learning recipes, blending smoothies. I loved using the juicer, but I'm not a huge fan of the juices. Too healthy for my taste buds. The smoothies are pretty delicious though and also so good for you. The natural sugars sweeten them up a little, so I find them quite enjoyable. It's a pretty basic job though. I don't know why I need four days of training for it.
Yesterday, when I got off work, I had a text from Sergio saying "Please pray for me when you get out of work. I might have broken my leg so I'm heading to the hospital. I'll tell you what happened later". I quickly adjusted my bus route and made it to ER in the Dartmouth hospital. I was so worried, but, when I got there, he was just in his hospital bed smiling. I had to laugh a little. Ryan and Sergio had decided to take a shortcut home from Pizza Delight that would cut ten minutes off their walk. They had to jump over a fence to get there, and Sergio landed wrong. No broken bones - just a dislocated knee. He's got it wrapped for now and is on crutches. He'll have to go see the physiotherapist once we get back to Wolfville on Monday. It could've been worse, so we're grateful.
Ryan's parents took us all back to their house, and Grandma came to get me once she was done babysitting my cousins. I got up this morning and caught the same bus. I was a little less nervous this morning. Basically I just went through more of the same training as I did yesterday. I took the bus back to Grandma's and am now about to get ready to meet Sergio and some friends in downtown Dartmouth for dinner. I'm looking forward to getting moved into my apartment next week and getting settled.

1 comment:

  1. you never know sometimes!
    i'm glad it wasn't worse though!

    so do you like your job? when do you start in wolfville, next week isn't it?

    ReplyDelete