Currently, I'm in Dartmouth staying with my grandmother. Sergio and I drove up here yesterday. We spent the night shopping at MicMac Mall and got amazing deals! We spent the night at my grandmother's then headed to Halifax Shopping Centre for today. We had a good time together, and we sure do make a productive shopping team. We both got lots of new pieces for our wardrobes. However, our navigating skills could use a little work. I'm not a nervous driver, but I've had some bad driving experiences in Halifax and am now terrified of driving in there. Because of that (and just because I like it), Sergio drives, and he is a really good driver. But neither of us know Halifax very well (thank goodness for map navigators on iPhones), and I get nervous even when he's driving, and his Guatemalan driving instincts are enough to put me on the edge of my seat. Needless to say, tensions are riding high when we drive together in the city.
We came home from our day on the town and played outside with my cousins Lindsey (7) and Jake (5). They loved Sergio (or Surgery as they preferred to call him). I dropped Sergio off at his friend Ryan's house after we had dinner with my grandmother and cousins. Now I'm just blogging to pass some time. I have my first training shift at Pete's Frootique on Spring Garden Road in downtown Halifax tomorrow morning. I've opted to take Metro Transit instead of driving over there myself. Last thing I need is to have a mental breakdown while I'm trying to get to work on the first day. Not going to lie - I'm very nervous about how it will go. Sergio and I popped in the store this afternoon because I had never seen it. It was a lot louder and busier than I was expecting. Hopefully Wolfville's won't be like that.
I'm here until Sunday night, then I'm going to either head back to Truro or Wolfville.
So far, the summer has been pretty good - the whole two days of it I've had.
Let me know how training goes! :) Miss you so much already!
ReplyDeleteI want to know about training too!
ReplyDelete... Remember our halifax driving experience last last november...
love ya!
you too pbaby