This semester I'm taking Sociology of Deviance, Social Movements, Contemporary Social Theory, Feminist Theory, and Introductory Spanish. My favourite would definitely have to be feminist theory. It's just so many things about gender socialization that I never have considered. I also think I'll love intro Spanish, but so far, I've known everything they've taught because of my impromptu Spanish lessons from Sergio.
Cooking is going a bit better. I made my mama's chicken pot pie last week, and that lasted me the whole week!
Last weekend Sergio and I headed back to Truro. We went to Lynn's visitation on Friday night. Hard. That's my only word. You know what was neat though? When I saw Lynn's body, I was just overcome with certain knowledge that he wasn't there. Not only did the body not even look like the Lynn I knew, it was just an overwhelming realization about how real Heaven is because that's exactly where Lynn is.
We had a family movie night on Friday night, then headed to bed.
Saturday morning, Mom and I did manicures and pedicures before everyone got up. Courtney curled my hair, and we got all dressed up for the funeral/wedding.
The funeral was a joyful celebration of a man who was definitely a man after God's own heart. Our hearts break for his family, but we are so encouraged by the life he led.
I loved dancing away the night with him and my sisters and parents and extended family. We all had an amazing night.
Sergio and I had to leave Truro early on Sunday morning to make it back for Sergio to get to work.
There's so much I could say about this last week. I'm really excited for how the school year is starting out, and I hope that means I'm in for a fabulous semester!
















No comments:
Post a Comment