I had such a spur of the moment week.Sergio and I decided to head out to New Minas last week after work to see what was going on for the Apple Blossom Festival. We went to the amusement park that was set up, but we were actually the only people in the whole place! We didn't bother going on any rides because who wants to do that in an empty sketchy carnival? Sergio did get suckered in to playing the game where you swing the hammer to hit the bell. I think he just always wanted to do that! He won a funny little inflatable smiley face...
Shelby was supposed to come down this weekend, but life got in the way. Sudden change of plans meant that I headed home to Truro! I haven't been home since I moved to Wolfville so I was super excited. My family moved into their new house earlier this week, and I was so excited to see it because I hadn't seen it since they got the walls up. Their house is absolutely gorgeous. They did such a great job with it, but it's still got a few final touches before it will be a home - unpacking boxes, building the closets in, and cleaning up the yard.It was so strange to go home and not stop in my childhood home, but what else would be expected?
Kelsey and Zach (my sister and brother-in-law) came home as well, and we had Courtney's birthday dinner and our first dinner in the new house with the entire family. I wish Sergio could've come too, but he was working something like six eight hour shifts in four days. Nonetheless, it was wonderful to have a chance to see my family.
I came back to Wolfville on Sunday afternoon to celebrate my halfiversiary (six months - Abby named it that) with Sergio! We decided to not make plans. We decided we would just be spontaneous and do whatever we decided to do in the moment. (When Sergio pitched this idea to me, I agreed then suggested what we should do... I don't understand spontaneity apparently.) We got in the car and drove. We sort of decided we'd go to the park in Kentville, but we missed the turn so we just kept driving. We ended up at one of my favourite places in the valley - Halls Harbour. It's just an adorable little fishing town right on the opening of the Bay of Fundy. We walked around the beach for awhile, then ate at the Lobster Pound. Sergio got to hand pick the lobster he wanted - quite the Nova Scotian experience for this Guatemalan boy! I hate lobster so I just had fish and chips. It was such a great experience, and the service was excellent! Another bonus was that we got no cell phone reception there. We love being together, but we are together all the time so we're pretty bad for texting when we're together. But with no reception, we got to have quality Sergio and Kristi time.
We stopped in at Hennigar's Farm Market on the way home and bought some fudge. I can't complain about spontaneous fudge! We spent the rest of the evening together at my apartment just talking about what we want out of life. I won't share that here because it's something special for us to share, but I want you guys to know that we are extremely happy together.I'm also really happy because tonight I got to Skype my best friend Angela tonight! I don't get to see her enough, but whenever I do, it's like we were never apart. She's one person I could talk to for hours on end and still have more to say. She's absolutely wonderful.
This morning was my trial day at VON Adult Day Program in Berwick. I was shocked by how much fun I had! There were ten seniors all with some form of amnesia, but they were so lively and adorable. We watched the Queen's Jubilation and the coronation of Queen Appaloosa from the Apple Blossom Festival. We did exercises with them and played games. The old men were pretty happy to have me there to say the least. But I really had a good time, and I got a lot of sincere laughs. I'm hoping things work out there, but I won't find out until the end of the week. I know that God's going to put me where He wants me so I refuse to be worried about it.
This past week has been so wonderful, and I think maybe I need a little more spontaneity in my life.
Your new house looks stunning!! That is so exciting but I imagine its sad for you too. Sorry I forgot to text you good luck this morning. But it sounds like you did really well (not that I ever doubted you would't). Whatever happens - happens for a reason. And congrats on your half-iversary.
ReplyDeleteI haven't blogged lately - just haven't had like any free time but I am hoping to on my day off this week.
Love/Miss you
PS: I can't believe you don't love lobster... we can't be friends anymore... jk
I am writing this as I watch bach... I went from loving Doug to hating him. We have to discuss this episode.