![]() |
| Chowder House |
After getting the big new job news (EEEK!), Sergio and I both had a good chunk of time off work. We toyed around with thoughts of flying to Washington for our five days because Sergio's parents were there for business, but the last minute flights weren't cheap enough. So, instead, we found ourselves heading to Truro Saturday morning to spend a few days with my family.
Saturday we just went shopping at Walmart with my mother to get some things for her new house, then I showed Sergio the wonders of the great Truro mall.. such an experience. We watched the last Harry Potter with my little sisters that night. I've finally decided it's time for me to read through that series. Book three right now, and I'm really enjoying them.
![]() |
| Beach |
On Sunday morning, we went to church with my family then headed out to the cottage in the yellow bug with Courtney and Abby. Although it was not a great beach day, we enjoyed walking around the shore line, playing some very competitive Monopoly (I won), and walking in and out of Harry Potter movies three, five, and seven. Abby was in some sort of HP craze this weekend or something. We all spent the night out there, had some lunch at the Chowder House in Tatamagouche (my great-grandmother's favourite restaurant), and headed back to Truro.
Back at the house, Sergio and I tackled the inevitable disaster of cleaning my car. We scrubbed and vacuumed the interior and hand scrubbed all the mats all while the cement trucks were putting in the new walkways. Couldn't have picked a better time to do it, right? Just right in the middle of all the construction.. But it's done and that's what matters.My friend, Lydia, had her high school graduation that night as well, so we got all dressed up for that. We got to have dinner with my best friend Adrianna (also Lydia's sister). We agreed to try out the new Japanese restaurant in Truro, Sushi Way or something like that. I had never tried sushi, but I was expecting there to be some other options on the menu. Turns out they were a very authentic Japanese restaurant, and they only offered sushi. So, I tried sushi. It was difficult for me to get that first piece in there. Honestly? Rice and cucumber wrapped in seaweed?! But I did it. Will I do it again? Hard to say. It wasn't awful but definitely not my favourite. Adrianna and Sergio liked it though.
![]() |
| Sushi Date with Adrianna |
![]() |
| Lydia |
This morning, Sergio and I headed back to Wolfville. I had to take care of some business at Pete's. If anyone knows the proper way to quit a job, fill me in. It was fine though, I guess. As fine as something like that can be.
![]() |
| Zellers' Restaurant (Lindsay..) |
Sergio and I did a bit of shopping in New Minas tonight then went to the theatre to see What To Expect When You're Expecting. It was very cute. I wouldn't pay to see it, but it was cute. We enjoyed getting a night out alone.
I'm working at Pete's for my last fews shifts this week, and I'm a little sad about it. I've made some great friends while working there, but at least they live just down the road. It's nice to have some good friends here for the summer!






AWW this sounds fun!
ReplyDeleteyour pictures are gorgeousssssss girl.
should've ate at the zeller's restaurant in truro instead of sushi!
HAHA that's the New Minas Zellers' restaurant! We'll have to hit it up when you get back.
ReplyDelete