Thursday, 16 August 2012

Ten More Days


I spent the short work week in Wolfville. I swear I was going crazy. I was the most unproductive I’ve ever been. It was just awful. But thankfully, Friday came. After work on Friday, I booked it off to Truro for the weekend.
It's been rainy here in the evenings. Seems appropriate.

I stayed home with my family on Friday night. My mom had made her amazing chicken pot pie!

Saturday morning, Courtney, Mom, Abby, and I got in the car and headed to the city. We spent an hour or more in the Christian book store in Bedford. Ithink we bought a combined total of ten books. We love that place.

We met up with Kelsey for lunch at Montana’s. It’s so rare that I spend time with all my sisters together at the same time.
Abby with her kid's menu item

After lunch, we went to Costco and MicMac for a little bit.This whole trip was supposed to be so Mom could get me new clothes for the fall, but it didn’t work out since all my sisters came too. I did get new jeans and underwear, but our shopping is far from over.

Kelsey came back home with us so Saturday evening, I got to be with my entire family – well, minus Zach. My entire original family. That’s even more rare than seeing all my sisters at once! We got to have a lovely dinner together before heading out for the evening.  

I was supposed to be camping out at the Blaauwendraat’s that night, but Ryan was an idiot and changed his plans. So I headed out to Adrianna and Lydia’s.We had a great night together. There was the three of us plus Jeremy and Joseph plus two guys I didn’t know. We headed out to a bar in Elmsdale, but, little did we know, it was redneck night… good times, good times. We got back to theTenNapel’s and went to bed around 3am.
Blurry
My first time playing

In the morning, I drove home to meet my family for church.Grammy Jones came down for the day as well. After church, we had corn on the cob for lunch, and I took it easy for the rest of the day. I skyped Sergio for awhile, then I skyped Patty-Sue for awhile.

I was planning on going back to Wolfville that night since Iworked Monday morning, but I was too exhausted and had no desire to go back toa lonely apartment. I made the executive decision to stay home one more night.

That was great until 5am rolled around, and I had to get ready for work.

The valley’s been fine this week. I’m starting to get a little sad about finishing up with my seniors, but I knew this was going to come. But more than anything I’m excited for Sergio to come home in 11 days!

Speaking of Sergio, big shout out for his 21stbirthday which is today! I’m so mad I’m not there with him, but I got him a cake to celebrate tonight. Even if I’m celebrating alone, that’s okay. More cake for me! We’ve decided to celebrate his birthday together when he comes home. That gives me a week and a half to plan… ;)


This is posted two days late.

No comments:

Post a Comment