My co-op advisor came in to do my work place review this past week. She came in to ADP and had a meeting with me then a meeting with my supervisors. She told me my supervisors couldn't think of anything they would want me to improve in and that I was the best student they had ever had. They were impressed with how easily I had been able to establish relationships with the clients. But it's not hard when you see how adorable and longing for love they are. I was very encouraged to hear that though. One of my supervisors is working on getting me another position (though not with VON, something along the lines of children) for January, but that's all just a big question mark right now.
We've also been having a volunteer music therapist come in to work with the seniors for the past two months. I never realized how powerful music is. It passes through every single cortex in the brain. It's worked wonders with the clients. The difference in personalities when the music therapist is working with them is unbelievable. I wish I could explain it, but I don't want to get into confidentiality stuff.
I had a pretty boring week outside of work. I went shopping in New Minas on Thursday for a little bit. That's super exciting...
My internet bundle never came. It was supposed to set up by August 1. So, I called them and just canceled it. I've lasted two weeks without it; another won't kill me.
After work yesterday, I headed home for the weekend. Mom and I spent lots of time researching flights to Guatemala for Christmas! The issue is that Christmas Day falls awkwardly in the middle of the break, and my family wants me here and Sergio wants me there. Talk about torn. So we were trying to find a flight that would allow me to spend Christmas morning here then that night in Guatemala. Difficult? Impossible. The other issue is that if we wait until after Christmas, my time there would be pretty short unless Sergio could get out of winter RA training, which may be a possibility. So, we looked into flying out on December 23th (not the 24th because I don't want something to happen weather wise where I spend Christmas in an airport). And that's possible. But it would break my mom's heart, and I don't know if I could handle doing that to her. So the most likely option is to head our first thing in the morning on the 26th. We figure we can probably get 10-11 days out of that. Of course, I'll be going back though so we don't have to squeeze everything into this one trip, but I can't wait to see where Sergio is from.
Now, I'm cuddled up in Abby's comfy bed. I have no idea where she slept. She has issues with sharing her double bed. I'll probably do something with Courtney and Abby in Truro today. It is nice not to have set plans though.
Just two more weeks of work! I've got a 15 minute presentation to prepare about my work term that I have to develop to the faculty of the sociology department. YIKES!
AND one week from today I'm picking up Sergio at the airport!!!!
Also, if you have not already, please listen to Taylor Swift's new single "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together". It's her first single from the new album Red which will be released on October 22nd. It features 16 songs with many collaborations including Ed Sheeran ("A Team". Needless to say, I'm excited!

No comments:
Post a Comment